Saturday, December 15, 2012

First!

I'm really excited to be starting this blog. Some part of me wants to just jump into things and start right off with a pattern, but another part of me thinks I should probably introduce myself... not that there's really anyone actually reading this yet. But maybe soon, someone will... hopefully... please.

Anyways, I'm planning on making this mostly about knitting and sewing. I've recently started writing my own patterns for knitting, and I just can't bear to keep them to myself. The same goes for sewing. I've been sewing for about 4 years, and I've always been a big fan of getting something at the thrift store and turning it into something awesome. Again, I can't just bear to keep all the information that I've learned through trial and error to myself. So, I've started this blog with the intention of sharing all my ideas with the internet.

I figure I should say something about myself now. Well... I'm a senior in college, studying psychology and hoping to go on to get my M.S.W.  I live in Michigan, which means I spend a lot of the year indoors, knitting in preparation for when the snow piles up to my knees! I also like to spent time playing the piano, watching television (my current loves are Game of Thrones and Dr. Who), reading (my favorite author is the wonderful Terry Brooks), and of course, hanging out with my friends. 

I'm going to follow this introductory post with a knitting pattern, so to anyone (probably just me) reading this, I hope you enjoy!

-PB

2 comments: